Saturday, April 5, 2014


My dearest little children

My precious little ones
You are such a treasure
From up above
You were given to us to
Cherish and too love
I am truly thankful for the
Special gift you are
No other child can take
The place of you.

When Jesus brought you too us
We were filled with  wonder and
awe
As we counted your tiny fingers
And cuddled you oh so tight
Your precious beautiful eyes
And face reminded daddy and
Mommy of Gods abiding grace.

Little did we realize,what trials
Lie ahead
As we stroked your little curls
And Kissed your tiny head.


You seemed to progress normally
Until you were nearly 2      
We realized you  were no longer talking
Or doing  things  that children of 2 or 3
 Normally do.

Our hearts were deeply saddened
When after months turned
Into a year then into 2

When we finally heard the
The words your child has Autism
The words wrung loud and clear

But I was in denial
 As I could not face this
daunting trial. or even
shed a tear

I was in denial
The word Autism I could not hear.
For my heart was filled with sorrow
Sadness and fear
 Until  I realized Jesus was
 standing near

Oh Master, Saviour, Jesus, Lord
I finally cried out loud
I know that you are always with us

I just can't help but wonder

Would we ever hear the words
I love you Mommy and Daddy
From our precious children’s lips.?

Would we ever see them run and play baseball and other games
Kids play..?
My heart was filled with wonder and dismay

Until I heard my Savior say “ hush my child
Listen to my voice “
For I have made a special choice

I chose you to be their voice

Though it won't be easy these precious children
Need you so.
I have a special plan for them you see and need
You to help Me., help them grow.

Give them lots of love and tender care and tell them
About Me

Though you may not think they'll understand,
 Just  Leave that up to me
 For I know their thoughts and feelings
 they cannot express to anyone but
 me

For I am their Heavenly Father
You see . 
Creator of all things
 I have blessed them with a gift
 That the world needs to see
 A gift that will bring new life
And set souls free
 If only you will trust me
 And give them back to me

My Saviour Lord and King I
 I give you every thing these
Children we will  raise and
Give you all our praise
      
Help me to understand the hurting
Hearts filled with uncertainty and fear

Who look upon my children as burdens
 Of doom and despair.
Help me to love them
 With  your perfect love
And show them  these special children
Are gifts from God above
Who need tenderness
And love. Before they are
Murdered and thrown away
For they have a voice that
We cannot hear calling and
Crying  for life so dear

Lord help them there dyeing
By millions each year.
Help us to show them
We care
Laura MacNair







No comments:

Post a Comment