Sunday, April 6, 2014

Learning to laugh when life throws dirty diapers atyou.

It's hard to laugh sometimes when you can't see the end of the tunnel. I myself have found it makes the journey so much easier to laugh.
My son loves my bedroom and will stay in there for hours at a time the trouble we have with that is he is 14 and not fully potty trained (though we continue to try) he will often take it upon himself to change diapers after doing his business on our floor and then to hide  it he finds a bed sheet or piece of clothing such as shirts and socks ext to cover the mess
I haven't found the joy and laughter in that.........but I do sometimes find the joy through his infectious laugh that he gets when he gets to go to his favorite stores such as Wal Mart.or watch Veggie Tales
My daughter is the type of kid who makes the funniest faces ext she is the type that would put a bucket on her head dance around and run into walls.
Times like when Matt was little and my husband "played Spirit In Thee Sky" on CD Matthew (1yr old at the time) stood up in his crib and started bouncing and wiggling in his, giggling.
These are just a few things that made us laugh.
I have learned to laugh at myself when I run into things,or trip over things. which happens often because I have depth perception problems.
I sometimes offend people unintentionally because I make jokes about dealing with the ups and downs of Bi Polar/manic depression as I have struggled with it for many years.
Well my gem Matthew is lurking around he's been known to attack me for every noise his sister makes and sometimes just out of the blue......most of it is hormone related so I am going to end this blog post and make sure I'm safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment